Frank Weston Benson,
oil on canvas, 1923.
I. Pay It Forward Contest:
No hats were harmed in this draw -- I cheated by using a basket instead. Thank you, very much, everyone who entered.
Am too inept to repeat all the conditions for this contest. Basically the contest aims to promote the purchase of books published in 2007-8 by emerging writers.
The winner of my feeble effort towards this wonderful idea is: Robyn!
Who wins a $20 dollar Amazon gift certificate or a copy of Weirdly: A Collection of Strange Stories.
Congratulations Robyn! Please e-mail me at the addy at the top of the blog to collect.
II. Vesper, an otherwise most charming and lovely girl and an excessively beautiful writer as well, tagged me for a Five Random Things Meme.
If it had been Five Randy Things I would have been equally at a loss - since
I am an astonishingly uninteresting person.
1. I am left-handed, but semi-ambidexterous.
2. When I'm angry I tend to houseclean and scrub floors. From the look of my house -- and that little trail of coffee drips from the kitchen up the back stairs and down the hall to my office -- I haven't been angry for a long time.
3. I signed the Official Secrets Act. So..
4. That story about me smashing a groper over the head with a beer bottle at a party is a complete fabrication. I only threatened to.
5. Since I dislike waste and have always reduced and recycled and re-used, composted, energy-saved, etc. whenever they announce one of those Earth Day initatives, I have the almost uncontrollable urge to run around the house and turn on every freaking light.
III. Now that the contact has been signed and counter-signed, I am pleased to announce that Corpse Candles -- another adventure in the Lillie St. Claire Chronicles -- will appear in Weirdly II.
Tentative pub date is June. From Wild Child Publishing.
Blush Warning: In Corpse Candles, one of the bad, bad characters uses bad, bad woids.