Building a Skyscraper,
Edward C. Tiffin,
oil on canvas.
Hopefully, all you cahooting galoots are off somewhere enjoying the benefits of your labors.
Brat Frontain (see sidebar for Karen) tagged me for a meme.
Since I find these things difficult to construct and not at all riveting, this is the appropriate day for YAM ( yet another meme) - though memes make me scabrous.
At least it'a simple one which does not require one to leap tall building.
(1) How many books do you have?
Last time I tried to count - about ten years ago - number of books totalled over 5,000 and rising. The load-bearing capacity of the floor joists is probably compromised. Over half are non-fiction.
(2) What book(s) are you reading now?
Patricia Kennealy's The Hawks's Gray Feather, The Poetry of Robert Frost, and the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
(3) List ten favourite books:
In no way comprehensive and in no particular order:
1. Starship Troopers. - Heinlein.
2. Stalky & Co - Kipling.
3. Stewart's The Crystal Cave.
4. Kay's Song for Arbonne.
5. The Belgarion- Eddings.
6. Moon's Deeds of Paksenarrion.
7. Peter's Brother Caedfel mysteries.
8. These Old Shades - Heyer.
9. Three Against the Witch World - Norton.
10. MacLeans's Ice Station Zebra.
Girder glee tomorrow.