Saturday, December 31, 2005

So, What Do I Do Now?

Long, long ago and far far , far away, I did a series of cartoons.
Hang-Ups.
Based on the ubiquitous coat hanger.
Even acquired publication in some independent newspapers.
Base building looking good.
Then we had an 8 month postal strike.
Then, as I remember, some pro-abortion group made much noise and the innocent household item their icon for Social Change.
File and forget.

Got a scanner for Xmas. New slim computer too, to replace the two-foot deep blunt instrument monitor. Bells. Whistles. Beethoven.
Whoha.
Infliction in process - if I can figure out how to repeat the process which produced this example.
No guarantees. What seemed straightforward last night when tutored by my long-suffering children seems extraordinarily complicated this morning.
You see, I cannot eliminate the fear that if I click on the wrong icon I will inadvertently set off a Titan Missile or beam in Aliens. That SETI stuff...S'truth.
Meanwhile, Les Enfants discourse cheerfully on potential transfers of videos and other hideously complicated manouvers via internet while I shake and sweat and heave in the corner.
I may regret my bold determination to move from internet Kindergarten into Grade One.
In fact I do already.
For example, when I began to type beside the image, the image promply disappeared from the dashboard.
WTF? WhadidIdo? WadidIdo? WadidInotdo?
Retrieved it and hit publish.
That's why it's on a separate post with no text.

The picture on the profile - it should be unnecessary to add - was not put up by my efforts.

13 comments:

AE Rought said...

I love it Bernita! SO clever. I hav yet to figure pics, so I guess I got held back... *kicks toe in rug*

Bernita said...

Thank you, A.E dear.
I am scared shitless about the process ...which, after Xmas, is Not a good thing.

Dennie McDonald said...

It is such a "cute" concept! And as a regency reader . . . that cartoon is too funny!

Bernita said...

I hope it's not going to be a one time wonder, Dennie. Thank you.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

good girl, welcome to the 21st century.

Lesson Pics-101:
Okay dear heart...here's what you do. Type in the post that you want. Then go up to the little picture icon. Bring in the picture you want.

(It doesn't matter where you leave the cursor when you finish typing the post. The picture will always be added at the top of the post!"

Back space the first word in your post to the little "a and arrow slash thingy at the end of the picture" (I couldn't use the example because the comment program thinks I'm messing up a link)

With your text backed up to the picture, it will wrap down the side, if the picture is small enough to allow for writing space. If not it will just start underneath the picture!

Go for it girl, you can do it!

Nice profile pic BTW!

M. G. Tarquini said...

That's a great picture of your hat! Beautiful garden. But you're turned from the camera! Is our New Year's gift for next year, your smiling mug pointed AT the camera?

Your cartoon is very funny. Quirky.

Bernita said...

Thank you, Bonnie.
That helps, I think, won't know until I try.
You see it's TWO operations - scanning the picture and then uploading unto Blogger - that set me gibbering.
That's my daughter's rock garden at their new place. Had to root grass out with a shovel. Also made them a 24x24 herb garden and built a rock wall for it.Now I have muscles like a longshoreman.
I'm shy, M.G. Hate cameras.

Muse said...

Shy but beautiful. So sayeth one of the daughters. (bias, schmias)

M. G. Tarquini said...

I'm shy, M.G. Hate cameras.

I break cameras.

Bernita said...

I don't believe that, M.G.
Like you, I have great kids.

Ivan Prokopchuk said...

Hang-ups.
You're onto something. Unique.
I really think it's just a matter of time till some slick magazine comes calling for your closet vignettes (no, not that).
How the hell do you get to be original? I've been trying for years.
Cool site.
Ivan

Bernita said...

Ivan, THANK YOU!

Ivan Prokopchuk said...

You're welcome.
And thanks for finding the time (and technology, as you explain)to hit my site.
Ivan