Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Seven Crows A Secret

Memes remind me of POD.
And a courteous form of blackmail.
And a children's game.
I'm "It" - thanks to A.E.- though I have probably screwed up her link .
Again.
Why anyone would want to read this escapes me.

1. Seven things I want to do before I die:
1. have at least 3 books published.
2. tour the north of England/north of France/Scotland.
3. get rid of the bags/circles under my eyes.
4. find ancient treasure.
5. be a beachcomber where it's warm.
6. meet a Hungarian who is not delightfully mad. On second thought, scratch that.
7. find a certain paternal great-grandfather's pedigree.

2. Seven things I cannot do:
1. Drive any vehicle requiring an internal combustion engine.
2. Lie well.
3. Bungee jump.
4. Suffer fools gladly. I suffer them, but not gladly.
5. Cut my hair short.
6. Ignore the humor in anything serious.
7. Understand quantum theory. In fact I don't think I understand electricity, all those little impulses chasing each other up and down copper wires....

3. Seven things I like about a man/men:
1. Them. The size, the weight, the shape of them. Their shoulders, their hands...um...everything. The maleness of Them. Ooh. La. La.
2. a sense of the ridiculous.
3. Brains/intelligence.
4. Competence beyond profession/knowing what a snake or a bastard is and be able to change a light bulb without calling the electrician - or be able to cook dinner without looking between his legs...
5. Love of books/reading.
6. Love of animals.
7. Ability to fight physically/be willing and able to physically crank someone one/ ie. has not lost the basic survival instinct.

4. Seven books I love:
1. Little World of Don Camillo.
2. Starship Troopers- Heinlein.
3. These Old Shades - Heyer.
4. Song for Arbonne - G.G. Kay.
5. The Deed of Paksenarrion - Moon.
6. Stalky & Co. - Kipling.
7. Brother Caedfel's Penance - Peters.

5. Seven movies I would watch over again.
1. Independence Day.
2. The Mummie
3. The Mummie Returns.
4. The Scorpion King.
5. Dangerous Beauty.
6. LOTR
7. Terminator.

6. Seven things I say most often:
1. Hi Dear.
2. I forget...
3. On the other hand...
4. Good dog.
5. Hmmmm?
6.It seems to me.
7. I had to laugh...

7. Seven people....
One crow, sorrow,
Two crows, joy
Three crows, a letter
Four crows, a boy
Five crows, silver
Six crows, gold
Seven crows, a secret
never to be told...

Feel free.

13 comments:

AE Rought said...

Sorry that I tagged ya, Hun. :( I do love the way you answered and handle things.

Savannah Jordan said...

"Courteous form of blackmail" THIS is why I love reading your blog, Bernita. Such a clever, if a bit acerbic, whit.

And, thanks for giving constructive critisim over in my blog. Much appreciated, Woman!

Bernita said...

Xmas presents early. Thank you both.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

I'm glad you love Christmas trees as much as I do.

The only tags I want to see are on brightly wrapped packages!

M. G. Tarquini said...

Independence Day, definitely , I'd watch that over and over.

Very nice answers.

Bernita said...

Now the gift of gab would be nice.
Cracked my husband up (again), Bonnie, with your "Ho, Ho, ho."

Thank you, M.G., I've only seen it 6 times.

Gabriele C. said...

Your travel plans are much more modest than mine. I need that rich Britsh lord first. :-)

Or write a bestseller, but I think the rich lord stands a better chance, statistically.

I'm with you on not cutting my hair. I like hair that moves when I move, not some half-a-match long spikes.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Ha...Bernita and M.G. I've seen Independence Day 27 times....I have the movie and It's like my all time favorite.

When my husband asks what movie I want to watch, he always prefaces it with..."anything but...."

Bernita...I don't know what came over me...Ho, Ho, Ho! Yikes...there I go again!

M. C. Pearson said...

Okay, I resemble the mad Hungarian...you can see my post about my name on one of my blogs if you are so inclined. I jumped over from Dennie's blog. I also have a Christmas post on another blog about the time I spent in Hungary. Funny, eh?

Nice to meet another delightfully insane writer-wannabe!

Bernita said...

I tend to avoid absolutes, M.C., but I have never met a Hungarian I did not like. Perhaps because they all seemed insane?

Mine's quite unfashionable, Gabriele, no longer to my waist but still below my shoulder blades.

Loved it, Bonnie.Just loved it.

Mark Pettus said...

I don't think I've read any of your favorite books, but I loved all of your favorite movies.

Wonder whether that tells me anything about you.

Merry Christmas, Bernita.

Bernita said...

Mark, I'm so simple I'm complicated.
Merry Christmas.

hoorhuslu said...

Comment