Saturday, October 15, 2005

An Impudence of Spammers

I can't tell you how relieved I was to have eventually acquired a few spam posts.
Having seen various other writers wax wroth and fulminate against the ubiquitousness, the pestilence, the utter insult to their artistic integrity sadly smeared by the dastardly insolence of such commercial space junk, I felt sadly left out.
Oh, the pain.
Then, lo and behold, Abu Ben Adam, I awoke one morning, to find a spammer post. Only one, mind you, flogging I don't know what. Then a few more.
I was as pleased as Punch.
I Had Arrived.
Now, spammers, as near as I can figure out, are the pitiful internet equivalent of "make money stuffing envelopes at home." Or those poor silly sods who telephone while you're eating dinner.
But hey, you have an address, you're going to get junk mail; you have a site, you're going to get spam. I have a blue box for junk mail. I look at that tidy little trash can icon and wonder why some people get apoplectic.
So I have a mild suggestion.
Turn your indignation into an exercise. Dance airy dialectic rings around them. Subsume them with sarcasm. Much more efficient than screaming.
Or just shrug and press "delete."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bernita said...

See?
One finger.

Gabriele C. said...

Lol.

But sarcasm would be wasted on them because those posts are made by spambots that never return to read a reply.

Activating the Blogger word verification is the best way out. I did it yesterday after I obviously "had arrived" as well. ;-)

Bernita said...

The scarcasm would not be intended for the spambots, but for the salacious amusement of readers.

Bonnie Calhoun said...

Your apparent elegance with poetic prose is awe inspiring :-)

ali said...

Turn on word-verification.

I remember I got really excited over my first comment - only to find it was some bloke wanting me to set up a business.

Bernita said...

Thank you, Bonnie.
But, Ali, the verication takes all the fun out of it.

make money surfing said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a make money surfing site.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)
Greetings.

make money taking surveys said...

A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
If you have a moment, please visit my make money taking surveys site.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

make money taking survey said...

Hi Friend! You have a great blog over here!
Please accept my compliments and wishes for your happiness and success!
If you have a moment, please take a look at my make money taking survey site.
Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

What a great site
» » »