Friday, September 02, 2005

Nice Trees in This Forest

As I trot along the deer trails in this vast new land - ducking under wet bushes, batting aside briars, hoping not to stumble over malicious roots or my own uncertain feet, and generally trying not to sprawl flat on my face too often - I often stop, gaping and wondering, at the multitude of flora and fauna.
And so far I've come across some really nice trees, plants and flowers.
One of the first was Ric Marion's blog along the river. That was when I first learned if you clicked on a poster's name you could actually visit their site. I went on an orgy after that. I enjoyed his quiet charm and gentle, unaffected visuals.
Read Daniel Heath's superb short piece "ego te absolvo". Found Snarklingclean where Robin and Missie giggle over "ptotuberances."
Discovered a truly superior book review: Joel N. Ross: Double Cross Blind at the Grumpy Old Bookman - thoughtful and genuinely analytical - and think it is quite likely that the book reviewer is also superior. Certainly more to my taste than "this was a fab read." The book sounds superior too.
Visited Paul Vitols at Genesis of a Historical Novel and read with interest his post on "Irony." All caveats aside about post-modernism and the Wasteland and Campbell's premise, I was particularly intrigued how the Campbell quote/mention of the "Desired Knight" reflects the role of the classic hero in the romance genre.
I'm having so much fun.

8 comments:

Muse said...

So am I, reading your blog.

Bernita said...

Thank you, gentle fem.

Kelly Parra said...

Glad you're discovering new information! =D

Bernita said...

You were one of the nice flowers I found,kelly.

Onsmi Welcol said...

The blogoverse is fun to explore. You never know what you might dig up.

Robyn said...

Thanks for the link, Bernita. I'm going to love coming here for a little poetic peace amid the often angry snarls of the blogosphere.

Bernita said...

And thank you, Robyn, for laughter.

Daniel Heath said...

oh, hey, I just noticed this... thanks for the link. glad you liked the story.